Troop 7 was first “chartered” in June 1941 at the Grace Methodist Church in Alton. Six months later, the United States entered World War II and it is believed the Troop was disbanded because of the War. The War ended and in 1946, Bill Rain, who had served as a bomber pilot, returned home and was asked if he would revive Troop 7 at the Elm Street Presbyterian Church. He agreed to be the Scoutmaster and the Troop met at the Church for the next 60+ years. Beginning in 2019 Troop 7 has moved to the Resurrection Lutheran Church in Godfrey, due to the closure of the Elm Street Presbyterian Church.